The past 4 weeks have been a whirlwind! It’s been both amazing and overwhelming.
Some of the highlights…
- A Red-Carpet Style Interview! Check it out! So chic!
- Floral Design Projects!
- My own reality show in print…Keeping Up With The Crazy!
With many blessings–whether in business or on the home-front–come many responsibilities. And between you and me, sometimes the whirlwind is filled with chaos that ain’t so blessed! Yep, I’ve had to tussle with a bit of that, as well (A husband, 8 kids, aging parents and bills! Need I say more).
But even when the winds have blown in an unexpected element…even when they’ve stirred fearful emotions or have thrown me so far off balance that I miss a step or two…even when good stuff is all mixed in with a little bad…even when business blessings pile up so high on my plate that it appears to be too much for one person to handle…even then, it has been amazing!
An amazing whirlwind…
And me…I’ve been a pinwheel. Twirling. Spinning. Dizzy. One direction. Then the next.
Standing tall in the wind, facing its strong currents head on, allowing its energy to fuel my passions.
Dancing during times of challenge, showing off my colors as a celebration of victory…This is how I handle overwhelm.
Like a Pinwheel!
Why am I telling you this?
You know you’ve had those moments. Moments when the pressure seemed far too great. Moments when you’ve felt the weight of the world on your shoulders. Moments when you’ve felt you couldn’t possibly get through or hang on. Moments when you wanted to let go, cry and allow the whirlwind to sweep you away.
When the overwhelm is just too darn overwhelming and the winds become too intense, be a Pinwheel.
Hold your head high, tap into your why, and roll with it…one breeze, or gust, at a time!
Remember these 4 key points!
- Prioritize! You cannot handle everything at once. Focus on the most important demand, knock it out and move to the next!
- Change your outlook! You can’t get anything done successfully if you have an attitude of dread, doom and gloom. Think Pinwheel!
- Approach your tasks as challenges! How awesome do we feel when we’ve kicked a problem in the Patooshka or crossed an item off our To Do Lists?! Pretty dang awesome!
- Keep your vision at the forefront! By doing this, you’ll be inspired to come up with innovative ways to get things done.
Tell me…How do you handle overwhelm? When things have become so intense–whether good, bad or a combination–what techniques do you employ to get through?
Tell me in the comments below! REMEMBER! Your techniques may be the answer that someone else needs to hear! So please, share!
If you love this blog, then please subscribe! And remember! Inspiration is a dish best served with gourmet coffee! Want a complimentary cup? Then click the OG symbol on the column on the right!